Wednesday 31 August 2011

Shopping, Shopping, and more Shopping!!!

So I'm a girl and I love to shop. There I admitted it!! But if you are an elementary school teacher you will know it's a well known fact that you are always buying things for your classroom from incentives to classroom supplies. Buying things for class can really add up. I'm going to share with you some of my favourite places to shop from the teacher point of view and some places to get awesome deals and bulk supplies.

1. A dollarstore. I'm pretty sure the 10 months school is in I single handedly keep the dollarstore in business. There isn't a week I'm not in there picking up things. There have everything imaginable and it's all under $3. If you need crafting supplies, glue for the glue gun, party supplies, thank you notes (packages of 4, 6 or 8 for $1!!!), clothes pins for gym, baskets and bins, hangers for your anchor charts, stationary supplies and goodies for your treasure box.


2. Scholars Choice! I feel like a kid in a candy store when I go into a store, that's why I probably shop online most often. If you are a member and pay attention to teacher appreciation days you can get some good deals. Also keep your coupons! They give out coupons if you are facebook friends and you can get something like $5 off a $50 order or more. Sometimes even free shipping, who doesn't love that! They have all sorts of wonderful resources from language arts to math, science, social studies, posters, bulltetin board sets and the list goes on and on. They are getting better at providing resources for grades 7 & 8 but still have a ways to come. If you don't know about this store definitely some place you need to check out Scholarschoice.ca


3. Orientaltrading.com. Ok so I'm letting my secret out of the bag so you people out there better appreciate it! I'm pretty sure if this was an actual store instead of an online and catelogue store I would take up residence and never leave. It has everything that my creative mind would ever want! It has been in existance a long time but it is in the USA so you will have to pay a good amount of shipping to Canada but it is 100% worth it! They have things you can not find anywhere else.


4. Scholastic.ca tons of school supplies that will be delivered right to your school and free (ya that's right) free shipping. They also have a book club where students can buy books (it requires work from you) and then you can get coupons back from your students buying books and use those coupons for your classroom supplies. SOOOO GREAT!!! My classroom library is ever growing because of this.


5. Chapters.ca I think this one is pretty self explanatory it has everything teacher books, novels, how to books, dvds and the list goes on and on.


6. Costco great place to go for cheaper books and dvds. Check back regular as stock is constantly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment