Sunday 25 September 2011

My New Favourite Teacher Resources

My new favourite teacher resource is Independent Reading Management Kit: Literary Elements by Scholastic for grades 4-8. There are tons of great ideas for those of you looking for something different project wise for your students to do after a novel. All projects are arranged by literary elements and each element has a choice board for selections of projects. It's great for differentiated instruction (providing choice for your students). The one thing I do not care for from the book is the marking scheme. I would personally prefer rubrics which I will end up making myself but what I would do is make a rubric for each element rather than each task and have a general section that talks about the creativity, neatness of the project. What I think I'm going to do for our novel study (literature circles) is provide the students with a choice board made up of the projects in the book and focus on three of the themes that I want to focus on and have them pic one from each of the themes to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment